[3rdlightning] Fun Stuff

  • From: "Loftus, John G 2LT MIL USA TRADOC" <john.g.loftus@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 3rd Platoon ABOLC <3rdlightning@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,obrown16@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2012 13:41:55 -0400

Hey guys here is an update on all things happening this upcoming week.

Monday 25 June we have PT at 0545 by the DFAC (as usual)
Make sure every group has a cadre member with them before they depart the area
to conduct PT

The Tank Exam will take place at 0900 so be seated in the GIB at ) 0545

Both Monday and Tuesday we will be doing more simulator training at the Clark
Sim Center.
Expect an OPORD Monday night. The word on the street is that we will be issuing
"Road Warrior." This is not 100% but its a good guess. So it might be good to
look over it a bit this weekend.

Also while we are conducting STX this week, take some time and wright down a
few AAR comments. Our next AAR Memorandum will be due to ME Monday July 2.
That's the first Monday we get back. If they look crazy I'll push them back out
to you and you will need to hand them back to me the following day, 3 June.

The Following is a Tentative Packing List for Tank STX:
-Nomex Coveralls
-Balaclava
-Gloves
-Eye Pro
-FLC
-Body Armor
-ACH
-Large 1:50,000 scale map of FT Benning
-Hygiene Kit (recommend you include baby wipes)
-Sleep System
-Ruck
-Overlays, Markers (Both for poster board and overlays), Poster Board
-Extra Socks, Underwear, and under shirts
-Wet Weather Gear
-Any sort of snacks or other things you want to carry

(If you think of anything else, let me know)

Finally, the end is approaching quickly. Make sure you have your dress blues
and stetson cleaned and ready to go. It might be beneficial to get things
cleaned before we head out to gauntlet. So as to remove any added stress upon
completion.

Hope you are all having a lovely weekend,

Loftus