[24hoursupport] cdrom write read problem

  • From: "Douglas S. Oliver" <dsoliver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 03 Jun 2007 17:39:04 -0700

Hi All, I have a cdrom drive on a client's Dell computer that writes
apparently but won't read what it writes. I have confirmed this by
writing a cd data disk and then trying to read that disk. I have re
booted the computer, which didn't help at all. The disk can be read on
my Linux/winxp laptop perfectly, so the write process seems to work.
Interestingly, if I put in an old data cd he made a couple of years ago,
it can be read fine. The drive reads music CDs fine. I have seen this
problem in the past and never found a solution other than to replace the
drive. I have tried fixing/closing sessions and fixing he disk with no
difference. Again, old disks can be read, commercial disks can be read,
new cd projects can't be read on the computer that made the project, and
other computers can read the offending disk. Any ideas would be greatly
appreciated. By the way, I did not try using different CDs with a
different speed rating on this computer, but in the past this hasn't
made a difference. Thanks, Douglas

******

Douglas S. Oliver

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity,
   and I'm not sure about the former." --Albert Einstein

"....What right do I have to think?" --Ugarte, December 1941

******
--
** Remove the anti-virus footer, ads, and this line and everything below when
replying **

please see //www.freelists.org/webpage/24hoursupport