[24hoursupport] Re: can't find proper modem driver

  • From: Ray <Ray2047@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 18:38:38 -0500

Not an answer to your questions but when I have had
problems with soft modems after going through all the
usual things to get it working I just buy a new one. With
modems available for under $30 it just seems the easiest
solution.  I try to buy local that way if one doesn't work
I can return it and try another.

Currently though I have given up on fighting with internal
software modems and just use an external (serial) hardware
modem. Since the "driver" is generic and built into all
modern OSes (Windows, Linux, Mac,etc.) it is just simpler
to me.