[24hoursupport] Word 2003 Phoning Home?

  • From: Ron Allen <chizotz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 00:35:40 -0600

Hello Mike,

I recently installed Microsoft Office 2003, and every time I start
Word it wants to connect to the Internet. I have Zone Alarm stopping
it, although I let it through once to see if it was something I needed
to know about. Nothing at all came up, but it tries every single time.
None of the other Office programs seem to do this. Any idea why Word
wants to phone home all the time? Is it just lonely and homesick or
what?

Ron