[24hoursupport] Re: WINXP

  • From: "Barry Cornford" <cornyb@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2003 14:25:58 +1000

If you have checked that you have plugged your speakers into the right Jack.
Then my guess it has not detected your sound card therefore no Drivers have
been installed.
To check this Click on Start, Control Panel, System, Hardware Tab, Device
Manger Button.
If there is a Fault you will see a Yellow Exclamation mark beside it.
If so the Driver has not been installed.
If you know the Make & Model of your Card go to their site and download a
driver.

Or from within Device Manager RIGHT mouse click on the Device and choose update
Driver and It will
take you onto the Internet and try and search for a driver itself. (I have not
always been
successful doing it this way)
Some site I use for drivers
http://www.driverzone.com/