[24hoursupport] Re: Type size on desktop (Windows XP)

  • From: "Ron Allen" <chizotz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 24hoursupport@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 01 Nov 2002 20:18:07 -0600

>Can someone guide me to the control for increasing and decreasing
>type size on the Win XP desktop? Some of it is as difficult to read as
>the phone directory or a city map.

Hello Paul,

Right click anywhere on the desktop itself. From the pop-up menu that=
 opens, select properties. On the dialog screen that pops up, click on the=
 Appearance tab. Then click on the Advanced button that appears in the=
 lower right corner. Now, on the screen that pops up, select the item you=
 want to alter from the drop-down list. The list defaults to "Desktop". You=
 are probably looking for Icon, so drop the list and select Icon. Now, for=
 each item you can select from the list, various other controls on this=
 screen will become active. When you select "Icon" from the drop-down list,=
 the font selector and size controls become active. You can choose a=
 different font, and set the size there.

One other note, there is no one-click way to return to the default values=
 (that I know of), so you may want to write down what the settings were=
 before you change them so you can easily revert if you ever decide to.

HTH,

Ron

Subject field OR by logging into the Web interface at