[1stPickSoftware] Delayer 1.10

  • From: "Mike" <mikebike@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 1stpicksoftware@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 06 Jun 2003 23:25:33 -0700

Delayer 1.10
http://www.cottonwoodsw.com/dlyrsumm.html
Program Execution delayer/timer for Windows 3.x/95/98/NT

Delayer has a simple function: to delay the execution of a program by a
specified number of seconds (up to 24 days!).

Why?
Primarily this is used for programs in the StartUp group (which Windows runs
automatically when starting) which don't operate properly if executed
immediately, or multiple programs that need delays between them.

This can also be used to do basic automation of programs, or with the
'repeat' function could be used to run a task every hour, for instance.

Other use examples:

Pop up a periodic reminder to take a break (or get back to work!)
Periodically check E-mail, run diagnostics, etc.
Ping your ISP occasionally to keep it from disconnecting.
Automatically log off after 8 hours (assuming you have a program that will
do that without user input.)
Run a sequence of programs on startup (instead of running them all at once).

Keep your taskbar tray icons in a certain order by running the startup
programs in a certain sequence.
++

http://www.mwn.ca/ UPDATED 05/06/03
See my Anti-Virus pages  UPDATED 05/06/03
<http://www3.telus.net/mikebike/mikes_virus_page.htm>
A Technical Support Alliance Charter Member