[1stPickSoftware] BarcodeWorks

  • From: "Christy" <snowy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 1stpicksoftware@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 10:07:36 -0400

BarcodeWorks
Freeware
http://www.xs4all.nl/~dlk/barcode.htm

Barcodeworks is a freeware add-in for Microsoft Word (97 and
higher).
It can be used to insert EAN-8, EAN-13 and ITF barcodes into your
MS Word document.
The add-in does not need any special fonts to create a barcode,
it inserts the barcode as a MS Word drawing composed from lines
and (optional) digits. MS Word documents containing these
barcodes can therefore be sent to other users without them having
to install or buy any special font. You can also use the add-in
to create a barcode and copy-paste it into other applications
like Adobe Illustrator etc.

The add-in is small and easy to use, and still under development
(that is, more features are planned). There is a short manual
included (PDF). The plug in installs itself in the startup folder
from your MS Word application. (If installation does not start
when opening the file, make sure your macro security settings
allow execution of vba-code; lower your security settings
temporarily, if necessary).
The add-in presents itself in the most left corner of your MS
Word toolbar as a small 'barcode'-icon.