[1stPickSites] (04/20/04) Kids Risk Project

  • From: "Christy" <snowy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 1stpickSites@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2004 10:01:12 -0400

Kids Risk Project

http://www.kidsrisk.harvard.edu/

"The Kids Risk Project [seeks] to empower kids, parents, and
policy makers to improve children's lives by focusing on the
risks that children face ...  Currently the project website
offers information for kids (with some fun activities) and for
adults (parents, teachers, and others) who care about kids. The
site also provides information about project-related news and
events ... " - from the website

The site provides valuable resources on such topics as seat
belts, choosing appropriate video games and smoking. Especially
valuable is the checklist of over 50 ways parents can reduce
children's risks. In addition, there are articles zeroing in on
minor risks which receive too much media attention while some
serious risks are under-reported and how exposure to hazards
affect adults differently than children.

~*~*~*~*~
to 1stpicksites-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?Subject=subscribe.

to ecartis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject line of "info 1stpicksites" without the
quotes.