[1stPickSites] (02/25/04) About Temperature

  • From: "Christy" <snowy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 1stpickSites@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 10:07:20 -0500

About Temperature

http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/staff/blynds/tmp.html

a diverse community of education and research institutions vested
in the common goal of sharing data ... and resources", primarily
for educational needs. A check on the participating universities
discloses a list which includes institutions ranging from MIT to
Dalhousie University in Canada.  "About Temperature" provides an
excellent overview of material relevant to the topic.

This single webpage, which is quickly navigated by clicking on
the stars beside each topic heading, offers information on
everything from the temperature of the universe to the history of
thermometers. There are
helpful diagrams, as well as material about thermal radiation,
heat and thermodynamics and kinetic theory. Authoritative sources
are cited and additional links are provided to relevant sites.

~*~*~*~*~
to 1stpicksites-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?Subject=subscribe.

to ecartis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject line of "info 1stpicksites" without the
quotes.