[1stPickPCHelp] Re Active X

  • From: Joyce Case <petjoy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "1stpickpchelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <1stpickpchelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2002 13:33:08 -0500

For almost a week I have been online with techs at McAffee support....re unable
to reinstall anti virus program.  I didn't realize when I bought the computer
that this program was an online
subscription until I got a notice telling me that it had expired.  I renewed it
this year and it was fine until a week ago when I kept getting notices that
there were "components missing and to
reinstall Active Shield".  I have been online with about 6 different techs and
none of their solutions work. I have uninstalled the program and when I try to
reinstall I get these messages:

"your current settings prohibit running Active X controls on this page.  As a
result the page may not display correctly"

click OK and then this message:

"Active X must be enabled"

I would be most interested to know if anyone has had this problem and what to
do.  So far nothing they have told me has worked.  Up to now I have"

downloaded IE6
done the configuration
taken McAffee out of my system manually.according to
directions...couldn'tuninstall it from add/remove programs
gone to Active X and changed settings as advised.
and nothing has helped.

Here is where I come to get problems solved.   Hope someone can help me.

Joyce

to 1stpickpchelp-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?Subject=subscribe.

to ecartis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "info 1stpickpchelp" without the
quotes.