[1stPickPCHelp] Re: Program needed ~ Printer Control Codes

  • From: "Mike" <mikebike@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 1stpickpchelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 19:25:59 -0800

Hi Jeff,
a Google search brought up this site;
The PRYNTOR, A Programmers
http://www.nobleknights.com/~eagle1/progrm2.htm
Database of Printer Control Codes
The PRYNTOR is a computer program in which you can store printer control
codes for use in your computer programs. The idea behind this program to
allow you to create printer configuration files (PRYNTOR.PFG) which contain
only those printer control codes that you need for your specific program.

This is a menu driven program with drop down menus. Although there is no
mouse support in this program it is a very easy program to use.

Future releases of this program are planned to include mouse support and the
ability to store more than one type of printer configuration file.

Please be advised this is not freeware. You may download to try it out but
must register the program within 30 days.

_______________________________________

Here is annother;
http://www.dosprint.com/products.htm
Key Features of DOSPRINT and DLLPRINT modules:
* Seamless, "printer independent" printing for your DOS applications,
--- IF your application can  write its print file to disk, or use the
PRT2DSK feature ---

* Works with any printer with a Windows driver installed
* High compatibility with Epson ESC/P? and ESC/P2? Escape Codes
* Graphical Image printing support available (for company logos, etc.)
* Windows 95/98/ME/NT/2000/XP compatibility for DOSPRINT
* Windows 95/98/ME/NT/2000/XP compatibility for DLLPRINT

What is DOSPRINT?
DOSPRINT.EXE is a 32-bit Windows Application that allows a DOS application
to print to any Windows printer that has a Windows Driver installed. In
essence, DOSPRINT takes a print file name as a command line parameter and
parses the file, extracting certain ESC/P and ESC/P2 printer control codes.

Here is a Perl page;
http://www.cybcon.com/~jkstill/util/pcap/pcap.html
Control Printers In Your Perl Programs

Pcap consists of 2 packages: prtctrl.pm and prtcodes.pm.

Together they that allow you to control printers from within
reports written in Perl.

By using the NDBM_File package included with Perl 5, you can create a
database of printer control codes that are easily called from within Perl.

I don't know the cost of them but they will give you a starting point

http://www.mwn.ca/
See my Anti-Virus pages
<http://www3.telus.net/mikebike/mikes_virus_page.htm>
A Technical Support Alliance Charter Member

On 28/10/2003 at 7:08 PM Jeff Needle wrote:

Hello, all.

I wonder if anyone knows of a freeware program that will allow me to send
printer control codes from the keyboard to a Brother laser printer.  My old
workplace is using DOS software that I wrote many years ago for them, and
they've upgraded to printers in the Brother HL-630 and above printer
line.  The included printer drivers in the database engine I used won't
support the Brother printers.  I seem to remember software that the
operator cause use, at the keyboard, to send printer commands to the
printer.

Does anyone know of such a program?  Thanks.

to ecartis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "info 1stpickpchelp" without the
quotes.

to 1stpickpchelp-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?Subject=unsubscribe