[1stPickPCHelp] NTLDR is not found

  • From: "turbodog" <turbodog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <1stpickpchelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2002 12:18:37 -0500

OK, I`ve got a problem that has me stumped.
Here`s the computer

Model: Gateway ESSENTIAL 866
Processor: 866MHZ PENTIUM III PROCESSOR AND MOTHERBOARD
Ram: 64MB

this is my mothers computer
i formated the hard drive, and tried to install win xp
i got an error message saying 512kb of low memory was required, and i only
had 447k
after trying several things, i finally
took the hard drive out of her computer and installed it in my computer
i was able to install XP and run it with no problems on my computer
when i took the hard drive out of my computer, and put it back in the
gateway,
i got an error message
NTLDR is not found, please restart
i tried to install 95, 98, ME, 2000 pro, and xp pro, and always get the same
error
NTLDR is not found,
I tried to use the gateway restore disk, and was told "this disk is only for
use on a gateway computer"
so i was unable to use the restore disk
I took my hard drive (which is working perfectly on my computer) and hooked
it up to the gateway
My HD is loaded with win XP pro
I got the same message when trying to boot the gateway with my HD
NTLDR is not found

I entered bios setup, and reset bios to factory settings
still the same error
NTLDR is not found

since i know the HD is working fine, there must be some other problem
If anyone has experienced a similar problem, or can help me resolve this
issue, i would appreciate it very much, thank you

to 1stpickpchelp-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?Subject=subscribe.

to ecartis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "info 1stpickpchelp" without the
quotes.

to 1stpickpchelp-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?Subject=unsubscribe