[1stPickPCHelp] Re: Ghosting

  • From: "Mike" <mikebike@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 1stpickpchelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2003 18:00:07 -0700

Hi George,
You will need the Symantec Ghost program to start with.
Then let us know which version it is and what version of Windows you are
Ghosting.

Do you have an equal amout of disk space or anditional hard drive to Ghost
to?

Here is a link to Symantec Ghost 2001;
<http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/ghost.nsf/e44a397a948bb43e85256952006d8
3d1/cfa0f392ee0cc2328825665600763a36?OpenDocument&prod=&ver=&src=sg&pcode=&sv
y=&csm=no>

TinyURL;
http://tinyurl.com/rg8q
How to launch Ghost

Situation:
You want to run Ghost to create an image of a disk or partition or to
restore an image. You want to know how to launch Ghost to do this.

Solution:
How to launch Ghost can be a confusing subject because Ghost has several
modules that can be launched and used in different ways to create an image
file or to write an image to a disk or partition.

In most situations, using Ghost requires that you run the Ghost executable
file from a floppy disk on one or more computers that were booted to DOS
from a bootable floppy disk (a DOS system disk that loads the Ghost files
and any necessary drivers).

This document provides a brief description of the Ghost modules used for
creating and writing images, how to launch the Ghost executable file, and
which modules to use for different situations.
++

http://www.mwn.ca/ UPDATED 16/10/03
See my Anti-Virus pages
<http://www3.telus.net/mikebike/mikes_virus_page.htm>
A Technical Support Alliance Charter Member

On 19/10/2003 at 9:07 AM George Cham wrote:

A while ago my brother in-law installed windowsXP.
He then installed the drivers printer s ect.
He then ghosted the system using Symantec Ghost.
I need to ghost the system again but don't know how to do it.

 George

doggies6@xxxxxxxxxxx

to 1stpickpchelp-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?Subject=subscribe.

to ecartis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "info 1stpickpchelp" without the