[1stPickPCHelp] Author Faces Computer Sex Charge

  • From: "Mike" <mikebike@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: virusinfo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 09 Nov 2002 20:10:27 -0800

"Stupid" Author Faces Computer Sex Charge
By Associated Press
http://www.newsday.com/news/nationworld/wire/sns-ap-author-sex1108nov08.story

November 8, 2002, 8:46 AM EST

Lantana, Fla. -- The author of two books on stupidity has been charged with
trying to meet a teenager on line for the purpose of sex.

Sixty-one-year-old James Welles has written books called "The Story of
Stupidity" and "Understanding Stupidity." Both are about the dumb moves
people make.

Welles now faces a charge in Lantana, Florida, with using the computer to
set up a date with a 15-year-old girl. But the "girl" was really a
40-year-old undercover detective.

Investigators said the relationship began in an Internet chat room.
They said it took about three weeks to get to the point Welles was willing
to commit a crime.
Copyright © 2002, The Associated Press

to 1stpickpchelp-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?Subject=subscribe.

to ecartis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "info 1stpickpchelp" without the