[1stPickPCHelp] Anti-Spyware Beta

  • From: "Mike" <mikebike@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 1stpickpchelp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2005 13:33:12 -0800

Anti-Spyware Beta
http://nl.internet.com/ct.html?rtr=on&s=1,1bkm,1,1fm3,g65l,1std,6jmd

Microsoft Launches Anti-Spyware Beta By Tim Gray
January 6, 2005

Microsoft(Quote, Chart) has launched a beta of its anti-spyware tool from
the technology of a recent acquisition.

The launch, first reported on Microsoft tip site Neowin.net as code-name
"Atlanta," is essentially a version of the product from New York-based Giant
Software, which Microsoft acquired last month.

At the time of the acquisition, Microsoft said its planned beta would scan a
customer's PC to seek out spyware and allow users to remove the threat.
Microsoft said the beta version can be configured to block known spyware
from being downloaded. It is available for users of Windows 2000 and higher.

In a note to current subscribers of the Giant AntiSpyware product, Microsoft
said to use that existing software. "As part of your paid subscription,
there are platform, support, and functionality features in GIANT AntiSpyware
that are not included in the Microsoft Windows AntiSpyware (Beta) software,"
the note said. For those users, the Giant AntiSpyware supports the Windows
98SE, Windows ME, Windows NT (with Service Pack 3, 4, or 6a) operating
systems.
++ There is more on the web site.

See my Anti-Virus pages
<http://www3.telus.net/mikebike/mikes_virus_page.htm>
A Technical Support Alliance & OWTA Charter Member

to 1stpickpchelp-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?Subject=subscribe.

to ecartis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "info 1stpickpchelp" without the
quotes.

to 1stpickpchelp-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?Subject=unsubscribe