[GeoStL] Pioneer cache...

  • From: Glenn <GLNash@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 21:03:40 -0600

-
Well, I sort of suspected this was going to happen..... I dont have any specific recommendations for placing a traditional cache there as they seem intent on picking them up.

User jeepers2 has contacted you with the following message:

Glenn- I received the following email today. You told me to let you know if this happened when I first set this up. Please let me know what I can do.... Jeepers2

THIS IS AN AUTOMATED EMAIL MESSAGE FROM GEOCACHING.COM This user has given you their email address, so simply reply to this message to contact them directly. Please send any abuse complaints to contact@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx ---------------------------------------------------

User fsranger has contacted you with the following message:

The Pioneer Cache located at UTM 15S E 581574 N 4154412 in the Paddy
Creek Wilderness has been removed from the area and may be picked up the
US Forest Service office located on 1103 South Jefferson in Ava,
Missouri. If you would prefer the cache can be returned to you by mail if you
provide a current address for return mailing.

Currently, the US Forest does not allow geocaching in designated
wilderness areas, such as Paddy Creek. Leave No Trace standards are held in
the highest regards in the wilderness at the Mark twain National Forest.
As provided in the Wilderness Act, the wilderness experience is meant
to be primitive and includes solitude that allows users to meet nature
on their own terms. If you desire to geocache in the wilderness it would
be in compliance if virtual cache was chosen that is natural to the
area. Examples of such virtual cache would be scenic vistas, natural rock
formations, springs, river bends, along with many other natural
treasures found in our Ozark wilderness.

The US Forest Service understands that geocaching is an upcoming and
popular recreational activity. There are many areas on the forest were
geocaching may be authorized. Other less primitive national forest areas
and trails may better meet your needs. Please feel free to contact your
local US Forest Service Ranger District or me at (417) 683-4428 if you
have any questions.

Thank you for your recreational interest in the Mark Twain National
Forest.

Kale Horton
Wilderness Ranger
Mark Twain National Forest