[ztebladeopensource] Busybox license

  • From: "Morgan, Rob" <Rob.Morgan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ztebladeopensource@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2011 10:46:10 -0000

Hi xiebin and Benny, I have been asked to contact you regarding the
Busybox software that ZTE include in their Blade software for both
Android 2.1 and Android 2.2.  Busy box is licensed under the GPL
(http://www.busybox.net/license.html) and as such any organization using
it are required to distribute the source code that was used to compile
the version released with their phones.

The person who has contacted me wants to fix some bugs in busybox which
are causing him issues.  Please review the license obligations for
busybox as listed in the link above and arrange for the source code for
this software to be made available.

Regards

Rob