[ZeroBrane Studio] Re: zerobrane: benny@xxxxxxxxxxxx post needs approval

  • From: Paul K <paulclinger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: benny@xxxxxxxxxxxx, zerobrane@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2013 18:00:30 -0700

Hi Benny,

It seems like you subscribed from one address, but sent your email from a
different one. I tried to forward your email to the list with my approval,
but I don't see it posted, so here is my answer. Please check your maillist
subscription to make sure that your posts are accepted.

Re your scratchpad issue; have you seen the description I posted here (
http://notebook.kulchenko.com/zerobrane/debugging-and-live-coding-with-corona-sdk-applications-and-zerobrane-studio),
especially the section on Debugger Functions and Live Coding? You may be
running into an issue with Corona that automatically restarts debugging
when it detects that your application is "stalled" (I have a brief
explanation in the post). I've structured onUpdate function in my example
to avoid this.

> If I remove the require("mobdebug").start() from main.lua it works but it
> doesn't work on other script files. (I have a scripts folder with scripts
> required in from storyboard files from the main.lua file).

Do you mean that changes in other files are not detected? Yes, this is by
design. After you started scratchpad in one of the files, you can switch to
some other tab, right click, and select "Add to Scratchpad" from the popup
menu. Now the changes from both tabs will be evaluated. Keep in mind that
only changes from the active tab will be sent when modifications are made.

Let me know if I misunderstood what the issues are...

Paul.