[ZeroBrane Studio] Re: Debugging

  • From: "Clive Monk" <clive@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <zerobrane@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Jan 2013 20:21:02 -0000

Hi Paul,

As you say, with just a bit of poking around I was able to get up and
running. Step debugging has to be the most important feature of an IDE.
Particularly for novices to a language. Your list below seems pretty
comprehension. I am a newbie to Lua so I am most definitely not in a
position to comment. My only issue is, without documentation, I can't be
sure if I am missing out on a useful feature which I haven't tripped over. I
guess one comment I do have is, given Lua's reliance on tables, is to
provide a clear and well structured display of tables when inspecting table
variables. Maybe an configuration option if useful aternative displays
exist.

Anyway, from the search I have conducted, there certainly is a need for a
well supported, feature rich, and robust IDE for Lua. Given Lua's wide use,
I have been surprised that this hasn't already occurred with the Lua
community coalescing around such a product.

Regards,

Clive