[ZeroBrane Studio] Re: Can't step into functions in different files

  • From: Paul K <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: zerobrane@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2013 09:08:44 -0800

Hi Tim,

This is most likely caused by a mismatch between the path used in the
breakpoint set by the IDE and the path reported by your Lua engine.

First, you need to make sure you have the project folder set to the
folder where foo.lua is located.

If this doesn't resolve the issue, try adding
`print(debug.getinfo(1,"S").source)` to your source code and see if
the path there combined with what's reported in ZBS in "Debugging
session started in '....'" matches the actual file location.

For example, if `getinfo` reports `@./mysubfolder/bar.lua` and the
debugging session is started in `/foo`, then the file is expected to
be in `/foo/mysubfolder/bar.lua` (this should be the same filepath
where you set the breakpoint in the IDE).

Paul.