[yunqa.de] Re: Regular cleanup needed for SQLite databases?

  • From: Tobias Rapp <t.rapp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: yunqa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2011 12:02:44 +0100

Hello Ralf,

many thanks for the detailed feedback and the sample project! It gave me some
really good base for own experiments using different numbers of
statements-per-transaction, manual vacuum calls, etc.

> For explicit control of the database file size, DISQLite3 offers two SQL
> commands: [...]

My main concern is not directly the file size of the database but more if
data structures inside the SQLite database file (table rows, indexes, ...)
are prone to fragmentation over time. As the VACUUM command rebuilds the
entire database I guess I will add some call triggered every few hours to my
application.

Regards,
Tobias