[yunqa.de] Re: Autoincrement

  • From: Delphi Inspiration <delphi@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: yunqa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2009 09:33:28 +0100

Hello Token PBX,

>I've solved this problem by removing the key field from the select statement
>and grid. But now I have another issue.

As said in my previous message, it works well for me both without and with the
ID field in the SELECT.

>Whenever I change/ update fileds of a table and want to apply updates I get
>the following error: "unable to find record no key specified"
>
>My application has the same setup as the ClientDataset_Grid project :
>
>Each table has the folowing,
>
>TDISQLite3UniDirQuery
>TDataSetProvider
>TClientDataSet
>TDataSource
>
>No fields are defined at design time.

As far as the DISQLite3_ClientDataSet_Grid.dpr demo project is concerned,
editing / updating works fine here. However, you must not change the value of
the ID column to an already value in the same column because PRIMARY KEY
columns must contain unique values.