[yunqa.de] Autoincrement

  • From: Token PBX <tokenhr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: yunqa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2009 14:10:46 +0100

Hi!
I've recently became registered user of DISQLite3 professional.

I'm having problems with autoincrement fields.
I defined by table's key field as "id" INTEGER PRIMARY KEY AUTOINCREMENT
I'm using it in Delphi 2009 with TClientDataset just like the example with
clientdataset grid. The problem that I'm having is that when I'm adding new
records  with a grid
(not using the api,  but with DeveloperExpress grid) then the autoincrement
key field doesn't get incremented buy SQLite3  but my id filed is left
empty. Therefore I nedded to implement a "OnNewRecord" evet of
TClientDataset to provide the value for id field. I tried
Disqlite3database.LastInsertRowID function but it always returns zero.*
*How do I supply the unique id for my key field?

Please help.

Mihaela Mihaljevic Jakic.
mihaela@xxxxxxxx