[yshavurah] "Qvelling"

  • From: "Johanna" <rebiljoj@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bonnie wood" <woodbb@xxxxxxx>,"arnold strauss" <pataxman@xxxxxxxx>,"sandy solove" <ssolove@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,"julie orenstein" <jorenste@xxxxxxxxxxxx>,"george niver" <g_niver@xxxxxxxxxxx>,"ala miranda" <alamm629md@xxxxxxx>,"eileen litchfield" <elitchfield@xxxxxxxxxx>,"yaakov lavon" <ylavon@xxxxxxxxxxxx>,"linda katz" <matls@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "IMUN" <IMUN@xxxxxxxx>,"yellow springs havurah" <yshavurah@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,"jonathan gross" <gross@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,"aaron gross" <aaron@xxxxxxxxxxxx>,"eric friedland" <benzip@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,"Jennifer S. Blank" <jennyblank@xxxxxxxxx>,"Coty Blank" <cotina@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,"Chaia Beckerman" <mscb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 14:52:08 -0400

Family and friends,

Hope you don't mind if I qvell a bit, but we are sooooo proud!  Rebecca has
begun track for the first time this summer.  Turns out, the coach, one of our
local HS teachers, is a big shot coach in racewalking.  Rebecca took to the
racewalking like she'd been doing it all her life.  She has won every meet and
keeps bettering her time.  Last week, she won the gold medal in racewalking at
the USA Jr. Olympics Regional Championship (competing with girls from several
neighboring states in her agegroup).  The coach has really taken her under his
wing and Rebecca has become very close with his 14 year old daughter, also a
racewalker.  Next week, they go to Nebraska (well, it IS the middle of the
country, right?) for the national championships.  Rebecca will be a guest of
the coaches family.  Most likely, Rebecca will not medal in this.  She'll be
competing against the 22 best racewalkers in the country.  But it will be a
terrific experience for her.

We are very proud, and wanted to share the good news.

Johanna and Bill