[yshavurah] (Fwd) Re: July 16th

  • From: rland@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: yshavurah@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 21:06:22 -0400

This is happening tomorrow night!! Anyone interested? I'm planning on
going and I'd be happy to report back!
Randi
From:                   BTHeyn@xxxxxxx
Date sent:              Tue, 9 Jul 2002 01:17:58 EDT
Subject:                Re: July 16th
To:                     rland@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Randi,

The arrangements have been finalized and we hope you can join us.
Please help us spread the word:

Rabbi Tom Heyn

-----------------------------
First Annual Gathering of SW Ohio's "JEWISH SPIRITUALITY
NETWORK"

WHO:      A Greater Cincinnati/Dayton-area grassroots collaborative
WHAT:     An outgrowth of the "SW Ohio Jewish Meditation" internet
newsgroup
                in cooperation with the efforts of Rabbi Thomas Heyn,
Student
Rabbi
                Andi Coznowski, and many others.
WHERE:  Temple Sholom, in Amberly Village, Cincinnati, OH
                (see below for address, directions and phone number)

WHEN:    Tuesday, July 16, 2002,  7:00 - 8:30 p.m.
WHY:       To connect and share information, resources, and teachings
                that nurture communal and personal growth in the areas of
                Jewish spirituality and meditation.

Some of you attended the Yellow Springs Havurah "renewal-style"
services in
the Fall-Winter of 1999.  Some participated in the Jewish Meditation
Havurah
at Northern Hills Synagogue in the Spring of 2001.  Others may
remember the
"Kabbalah service" at the Lloyd House in June 2001.  But most of you
have
attended classes, workshops, and services with an interest in Jewish
spirituality, mysticism, and meditation.

Now is the time to come out of the woodwork to find out who we are,
what
we're doing, and where we're going -- as a community of Jewish
students,
teachers, meditators, and worshippers.

The gathering is open to all regardless of experience or affiliation.
(Those
intending to proselytize, however, are not welcome and may be asked
leave.)  Refreshments will be provided compliments of Temple
Sholom.  The
event is free of charge.

Because of the evening hour, segments will be brief and will run as
follows:

AGENDA
7:00 - 7:15  -  Time to arrive, get acquainted, and get settled.
7:15 - 7:35  -  Attend one of two sessions (A or B) --
                    *Session A: "Why observe Shabbat? For the secular
                      and/or spiritually-minded post-modern Jew"
                      with Student Rabbi Andi Coznowski, Temple Sholom
Intern
                    *Session B: "Why observe Tisha b'Av? For the secular
                      and/or spiritually-minded post-modern Jew"
                      with Rabbi Thomas Heyn, Cedar Village Chaplain
7:40 - 7:55  -  Attend one of two sessions (C or D) --
                    *Session C: "Meditation in Motion" combining meditation,
                      yoga, and tai-chi with Temple Sholom congregant Janet
Levy
                    *Session D: Moderated discussion on the potential for
other
                      coordinated efforts to promote and/or support Jewish
spirituality
                      and meditation in the Greater Cincinnati/Dayton areas.
8:00 - 8:15  -  Group Meditation, beginning with a guided meditation
using
                     Jewish imagery, and ending with a period of silent
meditation.
8:20 - 8:30  -   Program conclusion and refreshments.  Participants
who are
                      not in a rush to get home are invited to stay and
linger.

Temple Sholom is located at 3100 Longmeadow Lane, one block
south of the
    Ronald Reagan Expressway at the Ridge Road exit.  For more
information,
    call the Temple office at 791-1330 or Rabbi Heyn at 336-3151, or
send an
    email to sw_ohio_jewish_meditation@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

WE HOPE YOU CAN JOIN US!  PLEASE HELP US PASS THE
WORD TO OTHERS WHO MAY BE
INTERESTED.  THANKS!!