[yshavurah] Food after Shabbat Services etc.

  • From: David Seitz <david.seitz@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Havurah <yshavurah@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 10:09:11 -0400

Dear Havurim:

At the steering committe meeting last week we were
discussing food.
Someone remarked that is was nice to have a change from
potlucks at
times,
such as the havurah sponsored luncheon after the second day
Rosh
Hashanah
service.  It is not only money that prevents this from
happening more
often, but also the coordination that is neccesary.  Last
year the
havurah
sponsored several bagel and cream cheese onegs, which were
arranged for
by
individual members of the steering committee.

This year we would love to see a mix of catered luncheons,
bagel onegs
and
potlucks.  The havurah can only afford one (or two) catered
lunches a
year,
so we are inviting members to consider the idea of
sponsoring or
co-sponsoring a lunch after services, perhaps on a date that
is
particulary
significant to you.   This would mean not only paying for
the lunch,
but
also arranging for it to happen.  We are also looking for
people to
volunteer to arrange for a bagel oneg paid for by the
havurah.  If
there is
some interest in either of these non-potluck avenues, it can
only lead
to a
more peaceful shabbat for your fellow worshipers. Please
respond either
in
general or with specific dates if you are interested in
supporting the
havurah community in this way.

A BIG ALSO.....  Remember that great annual meeting we had
back in
September?
  It may seem a world away now as we met just 36 hours
before the
attacks
of Sept.11, but I would like to reawaken in people the
enthusiasm that
was
generated for some very exciting new projects.
the list of ideas and those interested in pursuing them will
be
published
in the next Havurah Happening to refresh your memories.
Please feel
free
to begin contacting people to help you realize your ideas.
David and I
have felt that the Haurah has been a great place to be
during the last
3
years and if Some of the project/events, etc. actually
happened this
year,
it can only get better.

Daniele