Re: [yoshimi-user] Reunion Foundation Work

  • From: Will J Godfrey <WillGodfrey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: yoshimi-user@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2011 22:35:10 +0100

On Mon, 22 Aug 2011 12:45:46 -0400
Mark McCurry <mark.d.mccurry@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Looking at the reunion, there are several options:
1) One code base is used, the other discarded
2) One history is superimposed on the other, creating a discontinuity
3) Both have changesets applied to converge
...) others?

I think 3 is the best, as it should allow for bugs to be avoided (on both
sides)
and it is much more neutral than either of the other options.

3 looks like the most practical option to me

<snip>

As Jeremy appears to be the current maintainer of yoshimi:
- Do you have an opinion on importing convergence commits?
- Do you have a preference on where you may look over the commits?
(github, personal server, direct to a yoshimi-git branch, ...)

--Mark

I think Jeremy is still away at the moment (holiday?)

--
Will J Godfrey
http://www.musically.me.uk