Re: [yoshimi-user] A bass "Great Organ"

  • From: Will J Godfrey <WillGodfrey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: yoshimi-user@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2010 15:39:10 +0100

On Tue, 13 Jul 2010 19:12:00 -0500
"Jonathan E. Brickman" <jeb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Which brings me to a question. Is there a way to tell a voice within an
instrument, that it should only be active in a particular note-range?
This would be a very very good way to design a single large, flexible
instrument. I definitely love large, flexible instruments :-)

Yes, easily :) Set up a voice 'kit'

I was considering doing this, but decided against it.

Go to voice edit and click on 'Kit Edit' for the new window.
Set mode to MULTI
Check line 2 (1 is greyed as you've already got that voice!)
Select the desired min and max keys
Then check AD/SUB/PAD as required and edit normally.

Kits can be quite processor hungry if you use them heavily and have
large voice overlaps. {cough}Master Synth{cough}

I'll have a listen to what you've done soon (on the wrong 'pooter at
the moment).

--
Will J Godfrey
http://www.musically.me.uk