Re: XY4 on Mac Mini in Boxer (fwd)

  • From: Myron Gochnauer <goch@xxxxxx>
  • To: "xywrite@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xywrite@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 May 2014 14:39:56 +0000

> ... Parallels (Harry) requires an entire partition devoted to Windows 7 (or
> whatever version), whereas Fred, using Boxer, is (if I understand correctly)
> running DOS on a virtual machine inside OS X.

Parallels does take a lot more space than Boxer-DOS, but not a separate
partition. My Parallels version of Win7 in which I run NotaBene 10 and a few
other things appears on my Mac disc as “Windows 7.pvm” and presently weighs in
at 22.47 GB.  It is a “package” file (rather like special directory that
appears and acts like a file to the user). In addition, Windows 7 appears as a
“Volume” with a size of 68.71 GB, about 60% of which is used. I don’t know how
or where this is actually stored, but it is not a separate partition.

Myron