[x500standard] Re: Revocation list definitions

  • From: "Erik Andersen" <era@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <x500standard@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "SG17-Q11" <T13sg17q11@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2014 15:59:42 +0200

Hi,

David Cooper wrote:

"Contrary to what the defect report says, X.509 intentionally defined CRL to
include revocation lists that covered public-key certificates and revocation
lists that covered attribute certificates,"

I been holding DR_391 back for that reason. What comes from NIST, I take
seriously. I have now updated the DR to a more extensive discussion without
suggesting a resolution. Please comment on which way to go, as the answer is
not that obvious (see http://x500standard.com/uploads/Ig/DR_391.pdf).

I still need to address the concern about the issuingDistributionPoint
extension as raised by David.

Erik