[wyomingabe] Re: Conferences

  • From: "Regan, Donna" <DRegan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Kelsee Miller" <kmiller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "ABE ListServe" <wyomingabe@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 16:58:16 -0600

Good Afternoon-
The ABE conference timeframe was restricted by the dates available at
the ranch.  We wanted you to have an enjoyable, relaxing, and
informative experience.  Because we have already submitted a large
deposit, it would not be prudent to cancel because of the financial
loss.

On the conference evaluations, those in attendance requested that the
ABE conference be scheduled in the fall instead of the spring to allow
participants the opportunity to use information received at the
conference during the academic year.  Knowing that the first part of
September is extremely busy for all of you, and realizing that the
weather is always a factor, we were limited as to when we could schedule
the conference.   I'm not sure if asking for a list of conferences
everyone attends would be beneficial for scheduling because it seems as
if there are conferences scheduled year round.

Again, we would like your opinions of a better time to host the annual
conference that would be more convenient to everyone.  Please let us
know what you think.

I would also like to take this opportunity to tell you that I will be
leaving LCCC at the end of this month.  I have enjoyed being part of
your program, and I have enjoyed working with all of you.  Thank you for
the fond memories I will take with me.

Michelle will take very good care of you in the future to ensure you
have great conferences and beneficial trainings.
Respectfully,
Donna

Donna Regan, Grants Facilitator
Laramie County Community College