[wyomingabe] Re: Conferences

  • From: Valley Peters <valleypeters@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Kelsee Miller <kmiller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 14:44:40 -0600

Kelsee,
I think you raise an extremely important point - our state conference should be held jointly when possible. Who would be responsible to change the dates for our WLLA conference - would the board vote on it or is it up to the district hosting?

Valley

On May 12, 2006, at 2:29 PM, Kelsee Miller wrote:

Dear State ABE Colleagues:

It has become evident that the State ABE and Wyoming Lifelong Learning Association (WLLA) fall conference schedules are creating an issue for some of us. Our institution highly encourages faculty professional development and provides us with resources to attend conferences and workshops.

This year, the State ABE conference is scheduled for Sept. 27 and 28. The annual Pro-Literacy Conference is scheduled for October 5 -7 and WLLA is scheduled for October 12 and 13. It would certainly be easier for us, and I'm sure many of you, if we could consolidate some of these events so that ALL of our staff can receive Professional Development credit and/or present at these conferences. It is much easier for our students to have our Center and Outreach Sites close only once compared to multiple times. Since the Pro-Literacy Conference is way out of Wyoming's hands, is there any way WLLA and the State ABE planners can work together to better serve the state's ABE instructors?

I realize this issue is still months away; however, many of us leave for the summer and September will be here before we know it!
Thank you,
Kelsee Miller

Kelsee Miller
Casper College
Adult Basic Education/GED Instructor
125 College Dr.
Casper, WY 82601
307-268-2895
307-268-2230

Valley Peters Director of Adult Services valleypeters@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 307.733.9242

Teton Literacy Program provides literacy education and resources to open doors for individuals and families to achieve their personal, professional, and academic goals, as contributing members of our community.