[wlugkc] Unix/Mainframe Job

  • From: Scott Harris <sharris64109@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: WLUG <wlugkc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 08 Jul 2004 02:38:11 +0000

I know a headhunter who's looking for a senior systems programmer and
needs a list of candidates by the end of the week.  I don't qualify
myself but in case any of you guys do, here's the spec:

Position details:
1)  2 month contract to hire position
2)  Kansas City, Mo is location
3)  Salary - OPEN  ($40 to $45 per hour to start, conversion $85K +
depending on strength)
4)  Start Date - ASAP
5)  Background and fingerprint check required

JOB DESCRIPTION:  SENIOR SYSTEMS PROGRAMMER

Established company looking for experienced audit engineer
with broad exposure in the following specific Mainframe Operating Systems
and Software: z/OS 1.3 with various LPARS UNIX System Services, V/M Linux,
WebSphere Application Server, Tivoli Storage Manager, DB2, CICS, Oracle,
SAS
products, Lotus Domino, and COTS.
We desire the candidate to have hands-on mainframe experience and have an
understanding of the following:
* The CSVRTLxx, IEASYSxx, IEFSSNxx, and SMFPRMxx PARMLIB members must be
reviewed for the security impacts for OS/390 UNIX.
* The OMVS must be defined as a subsystem in the system parmlib (IEFSSNXX).
* A started task id entry must be created for each queue manager started
task procedure and distributed queuing started task procedure.
* Process security must be active, and all profiles ssid.processname
must be
defined in the MQPROC class.
* Access to the JES2 commands must be restricted a minimum number of
authorized personnel, and all access logged on the system.

-- Scott