[Wittrs] Re: wittrs

  • From: sekhar goteti <sekhar.goteti@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wittrsamr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2011 10:20:12 +0530

When talking about relationships, we often use health metaphors. A friend
might be involved in a sick relationship. Another might have a healthy
marriage.
When talking about argument, we use war metaphors. When talking about time,
we often use money metaphors. But when talking about money, we rely on
liquid metaphors. We dip into savings, sponge off friends or skim funds off
the top. Even the job title stockbroker derives from the French word
brochure, the tavern worker who tapped the kegs of beer to get the liquidity
flowing.
Poetry for Everyday Life By DAVID
BROOKS<http://topics.nytimes.com/top/opinion/editorialsandoped/oped/columnists/davidbrooks/index.html?inline=nyt-per>
Published: