Re: [Wittrs] My Wittgenstein Course, Online

  • From: Arturo Fatturi <artfil62@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Wittgenstein's Aftermath <wittrs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2012 21:06:51 -0400

Hi Sam.

Bravo!

This is the part that I like more in your course:

"A person who fully absorbed the course would learn to see the world not for
its nonsense, but its confusion.
For this is what Wittgensteinians are at their core: a doctor of confusion.
When one properly wields these skills,
one can diagnose it and prescribe something to relieve it,
though the remedy can't work without both the patient's election and a certain
amount of capacity."

I think you make the best choice. I will teach a Wittgenstein's course on the
second semester of this year (august, I think)
and I will like to know how succesfull your course is. I think you make a
correct approach. I hope I can follow your
course  I will begin with the understanding of "ostensive definition" to go
direct to the discussion of following a rule.

Let me know something about your difficulties (if you have some) in this
course. However, I am in Brazil, but here all the "scholars"
are focusing attention only in the Tractatus.

Best wishes.

Arturo Fatturi