[Wittrs] Re: What constitutes "Analytic Philosophy"?

  • From: Sean Wilson <whoooo26505@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wittrsamr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2011 23:29:37 -0700 (PDT)

... and by "formalism" here, I mean what I meant by "analytic." A
self-contained
approach to a problem that is not a formalistic problem.

post-formalistic = post-analytic. These are synonyms, as I mean them.

"Post-modern" would mean something different. It would mean adopting
skepticism:
that no better answers exist. I am not, and never was, a post-modernist. And
neither was Wittgenstein.

 I want to say this clearly: Wittgenstein is the father
of anti-formalism. I myself am a post-formalistic thinker who claims
Wittgenstein as the primary heir for such an outlook.

SW