[Wittrs] Re: [C] of comic book conventions and philosophy of the mind

  • From: Sean Wilson <whoooo26505@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wittrsamr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wittrsamr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2011 18:58:48 -0700 (PDT)

... oh god! pretty close to what we had talked about:
http://www.utexas.edu/cola/depts/philosophy/

Note how there statue of "the thinker" has no thought bubble. Two ideas: it is
a symbol for thinking, period. As such, it isn't really thinking about anything
specific in the language game (or what it could be isn't important). But what
is Homer doing? Thinking about the statue? Or thinking about thinking?

In any event, it cheeses up the department page if you ask me (which, of
course, no one has!).

Regards and thanks.

Dr. Sean Wilson, Esq.
[spoiler]Assistant Professor