[Wittrs] Re: Aftermath

  • From: Han Geurdes <han.geurdes@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wittrsamr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 May 2011 13:54:59 +0200

Justin,
Thanks. I think indeed Wittgenstein talked about literal language too.
I guess that Wittgenstein referred to the fact that the World is not
completely revealed in all the facts. There remains a residue which is more
important than logic.Hence, I wholeheartedly agree with a poetic approach.
But then again, if a poet can hint at that 'we cannot speak about', then we
can in fact speak about it with the words phrases and gestures and musical
development of the poem. And we can speak about that.

What does it mean when we talk about it ?

You see I do not need to cross a language border at all in order not to make
sense anymore ;-).

Han