[C] [Wittrs] Wittgenstein and last names

  • From: Sean Wilson <whoooo26505@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wittrsamr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 Dec 2009 10:05:02 -0800 (PST)

.. does anyone know why Wittgenstein always seemed to address people by their
last names? I'm not refering to people he is most intimate with, but just in
general. Other professors. Students. People he knew. He always seemed to refer
to people as "r-r-r-Hussle" (Russell), Sraffa, Moore, etc. I assumed he did
this when directly talking to them as well. Is this just a personality thing or
is it something other Austrians would do?

Regards.

Dr. Sean Wilson, Esq.
Assistant Professor
Wright State University