[C] [Wittrs] Re: SWM on multiple causation and tangible effects.

  • From: "J" <jpdemouy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wittrsamr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2009 02:30:03 -0000

BD,

This is a muddle.  (So is much else in this thread but this muddle may be more
briefly addressed.)

> Studies of deep meditation has shown how some subjects can
> react on the brain level to sound but not on the
> physiological one.

Does the brain not count as "physiology"?  Surely, we do speak of
"neurophysiology".

I take it you are referring to various studies of alpha blocking and
habituation phenomena in meditation subjects.  The studies of this nature that
I've encountered describe different patterns of activation in different parts
of the brain.  Notably, a response of disturbance followed by "tuning out" in
non meditators was contrasted with one of continued passive awareness.  But
this was correlated with activity in different parts of the brain, all of which
are rightly counted as subjects for physiology.

JPDeMouy