[wisb] song sparrow at Stewart Lake County Park! Re: Signs of Spring?

  • From: kerry beheler <kerry.beheler@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pfissel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2013 16:11:56 -0500

This past Friday, 8 March, near dusk, one lonely song sparrow was
foraging in bushes near the main parking lot off Hwy JG, Stewart lake
County Park, western Dane County.

Off topic: Sure sign of thawing: I picked a large nightcrawler off the
snow covered and now mobile-less Military Ridge bike/snowmobile trail
in eastern Iowa County this Sunday morning. I placed him into some
rock shelter detritus...

Kerry Beheler
Mt Horeb, Dane County