[wisb] possible Eurasian wigeon at Horicon marsh

  • From: "Sehloff, Kerry" <kerry.sehloff@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "Wisbird (wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2013 13:14:36 -0500

Got a phone call from husband Dave a few minutes ago - he was on hwy 49 in
Horicon marsh earlier and stopped by two guys who had a spotting scope on a
possible Eurasian wigeon:   gold crown, red/brown head.  In with a flock of
American wigeon and gadwall.  Need a spotting scope to see it.  North of the
highway, west of the pumphouse.  Of course, I can't get out to check it out,
I'm supposed to be working!  :)  Hope someone has time, a scope and a camera to
confirm or disprove.
Kerry
NE Fond du Lac County