[wisb] hawk band - UW Madison Arboretum

  • From: Molly FiField Murray <mfmurray@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 05 May 2010 17:42:11 -0500

There is a red-tailed hawk at the UW-Madison Arboretum that is banded.
The aluminum band is on the right leg. I haven't been able to see the
whole number, just 1207 (I think).  Does one have to see the whole
number to know where the hawk was banded? How does one see the entire
number when the bird is alive? Any help would be appreciated.