[wisb] eBird tutorial Power Point

  • From: "Peter A. Fissel" <pfissel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Wisconsin Birding Network <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 11:22:53 -0500

If you've been thinking you'd like to learn how to use eBird, but have
been reluctant to try because it seems scary or complicated, fear no
more.  Paul Noeldner, Madison Audubon's intrepid webmaster, Membership
Chair, and all-around jack-of-all-trades, has developed a Power Point
tutorial with my input.  It will walk you step-by-step through the
basics of setting up an account, entering sightings, and exploring data
in eBird.

Caveat:  it's a BIG file, and takes a while to load even with a
high-speed connection.

http://madisonaudubon.org/audubon/slideshows/ebirdtutorial.ppt

If you can't get that to work, backchannel me, and I'll send a text
version of the basics.

Peter Fissel
Madison Audubon Field Trip Chair
Madison, WI