[wisb] Florence & Marinette Co birding

  • From: "Kay Kavanagh" <kkav@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Wisbirdn" <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 09:06:42 -0500

Monday while looking for any new winter finches I found only a very few Purple
Finch in several locations.  We have had about 15-20 at our feeder for the past
several weeks after a total absence for about a month.  Yesterday a Northern
Shrike put in an appearance at our feeder for the first time of this season.
Traditional areas for Red Crossbill produced only nuthatches and chickadees.
No sign of Bohemian Waxwing in Iron Mountain as yet.  Total species for 3 hours
of birding was only 30.  Will look for something unusual during the next
several days of unsettled weather.
Kay Kavanagh
Aurora  Florence Co