[wisb] Re: at least 2 Kittiwakes in Port Washington

  • From: Seth Cutright <ferruginous.hawk82@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: willfitzbirder@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2009 20:31:23 -0600

This is interesting.  When I first saw a Kittiewake it was on the
South side of the harbor where Joan posted about seeing.  It was a
first year bird, all black bill, back neck band, black "M" back-wing
marking, and black tail band.  I left that bird flying around and went
to the Restaurant parking lot.

Shortly after that Steve Lubahn came by and asked if I had seen the
gull yet.  I said yes and then he told me he was watching one from the
parking lot just next to/South of the restaurant parking lot.  So I
went over there and we watched this bird until just before 2:00pm. We
thought maybe it was the first bird that had just flown over to this
location.  This bird flew west and then turned north and went behind
the North walk way wall and down out of site.  We figured that it went
to sit on the water at this point.  It now sounds from this below post
that it did.

The bird Steve and I watched was also a first year bird.

Seth Cutright
West Bend, Ozaukee County