[wisb] Yellow-billed Cuckoo MKE County

  • From: Jennifer Ambrose <jenthreat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Birders <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 29 Sep 2013 20:39:01 -0500

Hello!
I birded Warnimont Park near the golf course parking lot this morning for
just under an hour. I spent most of that time watching a Yellow-billed
Cuckoo. I've only seen one other, so that was a nice find for me this
morning. Also present was either a really yellow Warbling Vireo or a
Philadelphia Vireo. I could tell through my binocs and the photos aren't
helpful because I can't see the eye markings clearly. Ah, well. Later on
near the same location, I also saw a Winter Wren. I STILL haven't seen a
fall Hermit Thrush or Brown Creeper, though, and the number of
White-throated and White-crowned Sparrows around here isn't very large yet,
either. I did notice more Yellow-rumped Warblers around today, though.

My early morning birding got cut short, unfortunately. Other birds seen
were many active bluebirds, one pair flying in and out of a nestbox that
clearly had nesting material in it, a flicker, many Chipping Sparrows, and
LOTS of cardinals, including a few juveniles.

Good birding, all!
--
Jennifer Ambrose
Bayview, Milwaukee County