[wisb] Wisconsin Point today

  • From: "Rhonda Schrab" <rdzs@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2013 21:03:32 -0500

I found myself in northern WI this morning with time to spare before
wanting to head home. Although 2 hours out of the way I made the drive to
WI Point, my first ever visit there. It was worth the time and effort to
get there. Although I spent only 4 hours there during midday it was very
enjoyable and productive. With the help of Ty and Ida Bauman I got 3 life
birds, black scoter, surf scoter and parasitic jaeger, thanks to them.
Although I didn't see them well enough to satisfy myself to check them off,
they also saw a Sabine's gull and lesser-black backed gull. I did see 2
Bonaparte's gulls. I also had a merlin, a year bird for me. For passerines
I saw Am redstarts, yr warbler, rc kinglet, br creeper, blth green warbler,
re vireo, blue headed vireo, scarlet tanager and wh throated sparrows.
Given the opportunity, I would definitely go there again. Almost forgot, 3
horned grebes too.

Dave Schrab

Dodge Co WI