[wisb] Re: Wisconsin Point this morning (jaeger feeding on gull vomit - photos) and more!

  • From: Ryan Brady <ryanbrady10@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Joe Schaufenbuel <schaufenbuel@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <wisbirdn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2011 10:31:32 -0600

Assuming we're talking about the same bird, looks Parasitic to me. Pom would be
more robust overall, bulkier body, wings, bigger bill etc. with double-white
wing flash below (white at base of both primaries and primary coverts).

If you wish, compare one of Erik's pics:
http://www.pbase.com/birdfedr/image/138249142/large
to one of mine from last year: http://www.pbase.com/rbrady/image/129884580

Ryan Brady
Washburn, Bayfield County, WI